New Release: BulletProof FTP Server 2013.1.0.19
Today, we are proud to announce a new release of our BulletProof FTP Server for Windows.
Demo Version (Free 15-Day Trial)
What’s New aka Changelog
Join us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
*** NOTE: Version 2014.1.0.19 is a quick fix of v2014.1.0.18 that resolves a problem with importing the Settings, Users/Groups from previous major versions (v2.x, v2010 v2011, v2013). The notes for this quick-fix are below, in addition to the notes for v2014.1.0.18 which constitute a significant release.
Version 2014.1.0.19 - 2014-AUG-22
* Fixed: Management -> Auto|Manal-Import: Resolved a problem in Auto/Manual Import of previous version Settings, Users/Groups. (internal structure used to store these files was not being destroyed prior to new files being put into place, as a result the new files (aka imported) were being overwritten immediately by cached files stored in memory-structure)
* Fixed: STARTUP: On new installation and first-start, fixed a problem that crept up in 2014.1.0.18, in which the "Auto Import Migrate Settings, Users/Groups" wasn't being triggered if there were no current files found
Version 2014.1.0.18 - 2014-AUG-21
A summary of this release comprises of:
- Fix for freezing during "Configuring..."
- Several speed enhancements for heavy use
- Improvements to help defend brute-force-attacks
- Support for importing information from older versions (Events, IP/ACL, Scheduler)
- Internal code changes to prepare for SFTP/FTPS (soon)
- Serveral cosmetic changes to the UI
* Improved: Console -> Error Messages: refactored and moved into private frame-container
x Fixed: FREEZE ON STARTUP: Condition found in which the program appears to "freeze" during "Configuring..." and will not respond; added a timeout value of 10 seconds before it gives up. Condition was triggered when the computer was FIREWALLED and OUTBOUND connections on tcp/ip port 80 are BLOCKED. (http web-get on "http://bpftpserver.com")
x Changed: INTERNAL-CODE: ARM added to bpftpserver-service.exe due to TBPSLicense inclusion in TBPSSettings
* Changed: INTERNAL-CODE: DevEx (13.1.4 to 13.2.6)
* Changed: INTERNAL-CODE: InnoSetup from 5.4.2a to 5.5.5a
* Changed: INTERNAL-CODE: JCL 188.8.131.5275 (184.108.40.20697), JVCL 3.48 (3.45) ... it appears that JvFormStorage was generating a "divide by zero" exception on FormClose
* Changed: INTERNAL-CODE: Refactored to create a DataModule specifically for ImageLists (TBPSDM_ImageLists)
* Changed: INTERNAL-CODE: Refactored to create a DataModule specifically for Settings/Files (TBPSDM_SettingsAndFiles)
* Changed: INTERNAL-CODE: Removed JvAppInstances from TFBPSAbout, as it wasn't used
* Changed: INTERNAL-CODE: Rz migrated from 6.1.7 to 6.1.9 (stFilesCanBeFolders=FALSE, hides *.ZIP files from dialogs which ask for a folder)
* Changed: INTERNAL-CODE: madExcept updated to 4.0.10 from 4.0.9
x Fixed: Management -> Events Manager: Added support of loading configuration data migrated from older versions of the software produced before SEP 2013 (v2.x, v2010, v2011, before v2013.1.0.9)
x Fixed: Management -> Events Manager: If an invalid file was specified for the EXE, an exception-error was incorrectly displayed as a result of a bug that displayed the filename for the file-not-found condition.
* Improved: Management -> Security Options -> Defend Attacks -> Anti-Hammering: Added the ability to BAN-IP of guilty ftp-client, as well as Block (or ignore) for X minutes
x Fixed: Management -> Security Options -> Defend Attacks -> Brute Force & Anti-Hammering: Resolved a problem with a corrupt/null pointer (EXCEPTION: BPSSettings_BannedIPs.Assign())
* Improved: Management -> Security Options -> IP Access Control-List: On added item, the new item will be selected and made visible in the list
* Improved: Management -> Security Options -> IP Access Control-List: added sort of list whenever it is updated
* Improved: Management -> Security Options -> IP Access Control-List -> Add IP/ACL: Applied constraints to the values entered in an effort to help make sure rules are
entered correctly. Only the following characters are valid for IP/DNS values: 0..9, A..Z, a..z, "*-."
+ Added: Management -> Security Options -> IP Access Control-List: Added notes at the bottom of the list of ACL to indicate that a "!" rule is from Anti-Hammer's "cool down" period.
x Fixed: Management -> Security Options -> IP Access Control-List: Rewrote the way the internal list of rules is mananaged in order to discover and correct null-pointer reference (EXCEPTION: BPSettings_BannedIPs.Assign())
x Fixed: Management -> Settings -> Scheduler: Added support of loading configuration data migrated from older versions of the software produced before JUNE 2011 (v2.x, v2010, and v2011.0.1.63).
* Improved: Management -> Settings -> Visual and Misc -> "TrayIcon: Send Minimized program to the System-Tray as Tray-Icon": If the program is minimized as a tray-icon *and* another copy is started, the original instance is brought to the foreground. If it was minimized as tray-icon, it will now come out of tray-icon as well.
x Fixed: Management -> Settings -> Windows System Service: If the service was turned-off and the GUI was started when the SERVICE was originally running: made change *not* to start SERVICE after terminating GUI (as there's no point, it was deinstalled)
x Fixed: Management -> Settings -> Windows System Service: Resolved an issue where the SERVICE would not be installed, if the Override Storage-Path was defined
* Improved: Server Monitor -> Current-Activity: refactored and moved into private frame-container
* Improved: Server Monitor -> Download|Upload Summary: reworked the code and optimized for sort a..z,z..a
* Improved: Server Monitor -> Log-Watch -> Update Every X Seconds: Added a function to allow customization on how often the log-window updates (0.1 to 60 seconds)
* Improved: Server Monitor -> Log-Watch -> Use Color (Slightly Slower): Added the ability to toggle on/off the use of color. This shows to have a slight speed
* Improved: Server Monitor -> Log-Watch: *Significant* improvement in speed for updates on log-window messages; window-control was moved from a RichEdit to a standard ListBox
* Improved: Server Monitor -> Log-Watch: Added horizontal scroll-bars to list of messages
x Fixed: Server Monitor -> Log-Watch: Moved triggering of log-window messages from a Threaded Timer to a normal Timer
* Improved: Server Monitor -> Log-Watch: refactored and moved into private frame-container
x Fixed: Server Monitor -> LogWatch -> Copy-To-Clipboard: If "Use Color" is turned on, resolved a problem where the text copied to the clipboard contained the 5 digit code + '~' (delimiter) for the color used on the line.
x Fixed: Server Monitor -> LogWatch: Fixed a problem which would send a blank-line to the log, if the "client" passed is NIL (TBPSLogging.LogIt.ReplaceLog() aborted if client==NIL)
* Improved: UNINSTALL: Fixed a problem which would cause the uninstallation of the service over-and-over-and-over (bpftpserver-uacadmin.exe) if the service was *NOT* installed. Error-Code of 14 was returned, installer appears to retry on errorlevel!=0
* Improved: User|Group Manager -> Edit -> Access -> Folders -> Right-Click "Add": Removed the display of "Virtual Folders" from the dialog (aka Control Panel items and Recycle Bin)
* Improved: User|Group Manager -> Edit -> Access -> Folders -> Right-Click "Add": Will now automatically navigate to the location of the first access-right or the currently highlighted access-right (Access-Rights will also be defaulted in the same way). (thx Paul E.)
* Changed: User|Group Manager -> Edit -> Virtual Folders -> Virtual Folders are only visible in User|Group-Account's "Home Folder": changed this to be the default, as I believe the option to have it display in every directory is confusing
* Changed: User|Group Manager -> Edit -> Virtual Folders -> Virtual Folders are only visible in User|Group-Account's "Home Folder": Made top/first option