New Release: BulletProof FTP Server 2013.1.0.13
Today, we are proud to announce a new release of our BulletProof FTP Server for Windows.
Demo Version (Free 15-Day Trial)
What’s New aka Changelog
Join us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Version 2014.1.0.32 - 2014-APR-07
* Improved: DEBUG-MODE: Added the executables file date/time to initial output of the debugger (helpful for development-debugging and running the same version, but different build)
* Improved: INSTALLER: By default, the installer will not suggest the creation of a icon in the Quick-Launch-Bar (unless it was installed before); as Windows 7 removed this feature. (Quick-Launch was first introduced in the Windows Desktop Update to Windows XP and is a relic)
* Improved: INSTALLER: Restart Service after installation of new version and GUI is closed. If the SERVICE was running during the installation of a new-version: the SERVICE is terminated and the GUI is started post-install. Resolved a problem in which the GUI would not start the SERVICE at terminatation, since it wasn't technically running when the GUI was started.
x Fixed: INTERNAL-CODE: Embedded Manifest was causing a SideBySide (sxstrace) error. I could only replicate the problem on my DEV machine, the identical DEV-HOST machine had no problem. It appears to have been the result of a mix of TAB/SPACE characters used in the embedded manifest (TBPSMakeManifestEntry.WriteManifest()) ... "Activation context generation failed for "bpftpserver.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "bpftpserver.exe" on line 14. Invalid Xml syntax."
* Changed: INTERNAL-CODE: Rz migrated from 6.1.4 to 6.1.7 (fixes for ListView flicker)
x Fixed: INTERNAL-CODE: When running as service and impresonating a os-user, added code to CloseHandle(hServiceToken)
* Improved: Management -> Logging: Added a "GUI|SVC" designator to the beginning of every line, stating if the log-message came from the SERVICE or GUI Mode.
* Improved: Management -> Settings -> Email -> SMTP Port: Added an additional line of text to explain defaults more clearly.
* Improved: Management -> Settings -> Save: Removed a redundant question that was posed, if the GUI was started when the SERVICE was running and the SERVICE is configured; there's no point to asking them "Would you like the SERVICE to start when the GUI is terminated?"
* Improved: Management -> Settings -> Service: OnLogOff, If the GUI is running and the SERVICE, when the Windows Log-Off is issued the program does not have the opportunity to Restart-the-Windows-System-Service (permissions fail for start UACAdmin to start Service). As a result, a flag is set for displaying a message to the customer when it's ran via the GUI, that they need to close the program before issuing a Windows Log-Off.
* Improved: Management -> Settings -> Service: OnStartup, If the SERVICE is running, the GUI will take over. This logic was improved to keep the GUI from issuing the BPS_APPMSGID_EXIT over and over (every 250 ms) while it waited for the shutdown. Now using a flag to issue the command only once (BPSIPCServer_OnPerform::PerformAction==BPSCServerPerformTerminate)
x Fixed: Management -> Settings -> Visual/Misc -> "On Close: Confirm request to close...": Found a condition in which this was being set to FALSE: 1) when the service was closed after starting GUI or 2) closed from the command-line with the parameter "-exit" or 3) via the scheduler with the command GoOfflineAndExit or ExitAndOSLogout
* Changed: Management -> Settings -> Visual/Misc -> "Visual": Added pre-fixes to the options in this category, "Tray-Icon:", "On Start:", "UI:" and "On Close:"
* Changed: Management -> Settings -> Visual/Misc: Moved two options from the "Options" area to "Visual", as it makes more sense: "Confirm requests to close and terminate actively running ftp-server" and "Disable logging to screen when the program is minimized as a Tray-Icon"
x Fixed: Management -> Settings -> Windows System Service: Changed the method of informing the customer that the service-mode was installed. From a question to a statement from "Would you like the SERVICE to start when the GUI is terminated?" to simply "...has been installed as a Windows System-Service and will now automatically start-up at Windows-Boot and run without logging into the computer."
x Fixed: Management -> Settings -> Windows System Service: Resolved a problem that was informing the customer that the service-mode was installed, even if it already was and nothing was changed.
* Improved: Management -> Settings -> Windows System Service: Validation of the Domain/Login/Password (credentials) entered. Previously, only the priveledge of LogonAsService was checked. However, this didn't check the ability to actually login with the password. Added check in order to help prevent service issues with incorrect password.
* Improved: OnClose: Added the "ESCAPE" key to the dialog-box that asks "Stop BPFTP Server...Warning there are X user(s) connected...Abort All|Wait|Soon"
x Fixed: OnClose: Resolved and centralized all close/exit methods into a single entity; this allowed for some fixes to the method in which the software waits for the ftp-client to (close-after-transfer and close-after-quit) to function correctly.
* Changed: Server Monitor -> Log Watch: Renamed checkbox to simply "Default View on Start-Up" vs "Make this your default view on program-start"
* Improved: Server Monitor -> Logging: Added prefixes to "SERVER-EXTERNALCMD" for messages that were triggered via command-line parameters
* Improved: Server Monitor -> Logging: Added prefixes to all Client->Server and Server->Client messages, indicating just that; the labeling of the message as to it's source and destination
* Improved: Server Monitor -> Server Info: Flicker Reduction, Eliminated a "panel" used to create a grey-padded-area around the information
x Fixed: Server Monitor -> Server-Info: Removed a "Check for Update" that could be executed by dbl-clicking the "Installed|Available" under "Version Information". Please use Management -> Check for Updates.
* Improved: Server Monitor -> Server-Info: Reworked the update code to reduce the "flicker" that was appearing every few seconds.
* Improved: UI: Flicker Reduction, Breadcrumb "panel", found several cases where the color was set to clBtnShadow vs clBtnFace and this causes a "flicker" of drawing a dark-color, then a light-color when sizing the program's main-window
* Improved: UI: Flicker Reduction, Removed a "panel" that resided at the very bottom of the z-order and exposed a small grey-padded-gradient-area around everything under the "button".
* Improved: UI: Flicker Reduction, Using DoubleBuffered for all Toolbars