Sometimes, we’re just not sure why you can’t download a file from an ftp-server to your local-computer. In order to test this, please follow the below steps that will allow you to connect to a test ftp-server, navigate to a file on the ftp-server and download a file from the ftp-server to your local computer. This test allows us to isolate the program to a known ftp-server with files that we know you can successfully download.
- The current version is 2010.75.0.76. You should have this installed and running, it can be confirmed by “Help -> About BulletProof FTP Client…”. The important line reads “Engine: 2010.75.0.76″
BulletProof FTP Client 2010
- Next, start BPFTP Client 2010 and click the “Clear ALL” button
- Next, click the “Folder with a Magnify Glass” on the left, under the window that reads “Local Current Folder” and choose “Desktop”
- At the top, change the following fields to the following values
Server Name/IP: ftp.kernel.org
- Click the “Connect” button
- Double-Click on the “pub” folder on the right under the heading “Remote Current Folder”
- Double-Click on the “linux” folder on the right under the heading “Remote Current Folder”
- Double-Click on the “docs” folder on the right under the heading “Remote Current Folder”
- Double-Click on the “lanana” folder on the right under the heading “Remote Current Folder”
- Double-Click on the “unicode” folder on the right under the heading “Remote Current Folder”
- Click and Drag the file “unicode.txt” from the right-side to the left-side and “drop” it into the big white-window under heading “Local Current Folder”
- AT THIS TIME, everything should look like this screen-shot
Click the first-icon on the left, at the very bottom of the program to “Begin processing Queued Actions.”
The file should download and you’ll see it under the “Local Current Folder” as the file “unicode.txt”. Double-Click this file and it will open a text-editor with a bunch of sentences wrapping around.
THAT’S IT, YOU HAVE JUST CONFIRMED THAT BPFTP CLIENT CAN SUCCESSFULLY DOWNLOAD A FILE.
In order to remove the previously entered license-code from BulletProof FTP Server, please contact us first and have your “Technical-Support Permission-Code” ready for entering.
How to Remove License-Code
Start the GUI version of BulletProof FTP Server
Hold down Alt+Shift+Ctrl and Left-Click the “License for Use:” box
Click “YES” to “REMOVE LICENSE KEY:…” dialog-box
Enter the “Technical-Support Permission-Code” and click OK:
BulletProof FTP Server will confirm the removal and shutdown the program
Once you have purchased BulletProof FTP Server (http://bpftpserver.com), you will receive a “Subscription Code” in an email with your receipt. Once this information has been entered into the TRIAL/DEMO version of the software, installed on your computer; it will turn itself into the full-featured-retail-copy.
HOWTO: Enter your subscription-code
The current version of BulletProof Server supports all modern flavors of Windows Server; including:
Windows Server 2012 (All Releases/Service Packs)
Windows Server 2012 Foundation
Windows Server 2012 Essentials
Windows Server 2012 Standard
Windows Server 2012 Datacenter
Windows Server 2008 (All Releases/Service Packs)
Windows Server 2008 Standard
Windows Server 2008 Enterprise
Windows Server 2008 Datacenter
Windows HPC Server 2008
Windows Web Server 2008
Windows Storage Server 2008
Windows Small Business Server 2008
Windows Essential Business Server 2008
Windows Server 2008 Foundation (Codenamed “Lima”)
Windows Server 2003 (All Releases/Service Packs)
Windows 2003 Web
Windows 2003 Standard
Windows 2003 Enterprise
Windows 2003 Datacenter
Windows 2003 Compute Cluster
Windows 2003 Storage Server
Windows Home Server (All Releases/Service Packs)
Windows Home Server 2011
Windows Home Server
The current version of BulletProof Server supports all modern flavors of Windows Desktop OS; including:
New Release: BulletProof FTP Server 2011
Today, we are proud to announce a new release of our BulletProof FTP Server for Windows.
We’ve looked at every bit of functionality in our previous award-winning version and rewritten it to be better, faster and more intuitive. We are very pleased with it and hope you will be too!
We’ve also done our very best, to make sure this version is a simple upgrade to your previous version; by maintaining the same settings, users/groups and data-formats. In addition, we’ve built an automatic migration utility that will aid in the upgrade to the latest version.
Demo Version (Free 15-Day Trial)
- Customers who have an up-to-date support-entitlement will receive this update for FREE. The new license will be sent out this week, so watch for our email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of Full Version: BulletProof FTP Server for…
- Customers who’s support-entitlement has expired. Please contact us for a previous-customer discount.
- Full Changelog: Got some time to kill and want to see the changes ad nauseam? See the full Changelog with a detailed-dump of feature-changes.
Join us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Today, we are proud to release a minor-update to BulletProof FTP Server for Windows 2011 (version 2011.1.0.77). For all customers with a current license, please download/install the demo/trial version from our website and it will automatically update itself to the full-version on your computer.
Download the Newest Version Here
Configuring Internet Explorer to be able to connect to BulletProof FTP Server (or any FTP Server) is very easy to do and requires the toggling of two (2) options from:
Windows Start Button -> Control Panel -> Network & Internet -> Internet Options, click the “Advanced” tab and check “Enable FTP Folder” and “Use Passive FTP”.
Below are screen-shots for accessing these features in Windows. Please click the small-image to view the full-image.
Start -> Control Panel -> Network & Internet
Double-Click “Internet Options”
Scroll-down to “Enable FTP Folder” View and make sure it’s CHECKED.
Scroll-down to “Use Passive FTP” and make sure it’s CHECKED.
Today, we are proud to release a minor-update to BulletProof FTP Server for Windows 2011 (version 2011.1.0.76). For all customers with a current license, please download/install the demo/trial version from our website and it will automatically update itself to the full-version on your computer.
Download the Newest Version Here